The Information We Collect
How we collect your information depends in part on how you use the Services. You may register to use the Services, but you may also use some of the Services without registering or providing any information other than information that is automatically collected as explained below. The different categories of information we collect from you are described below.
Information We Collect From You
General. We may collect information from you during your use of the Services, including your name, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile phone number, payment information, gender, birth year, and other information you provide or post on our Services or allow us to access when you do certain things, including but not limited to:
- Create an account.
- Create or edit your user profile.
- Submit a customer service or other inquiry to us.
- Enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion.
- Participate in a survey or poll.
- Request certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, or other products).
- Contact us about employment opportunities posted to the Services.
Information You Publicly Post. You may choose to post content (such as ratings, reviews, tips, photos or comments, likes, bookmarks, friends, lists, etc.) that may be shared with others through our Services or through a social media account (such as Facebook) that you choose to link to the Services. The content that you post to the Services shall be available for other users of Reasons To Eat to read, including your posted content, reviews about businesses with which you transact through the Services, and your account profile. We may display this information on the Services, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Please be aware, that by posting information to message boards, chat groups or social networking facilities available via the Services, you will be making this information available to other users of these Services and to the public. You should be careful about revealing any sensitive details about yourself in such postings.
Please also remember that your username, as well as your Facebook photo or any photo you submit through the registration process, will be publicly displayed as part of your user profile.
Information About Your Friends. You have the option to request your friends to join the Services by providing their contact information. If you request a friend to join and connect with you on the Services, we will only use your friend’s contact information to process your request.
Information About Your Messages. If you exchange messages with others through the Services, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and investigate possible violations of our Terms of Service and wrongdoing in connection with the Services. If you send information from the Services to your mobile device via SMS text message, we may log your phone number, phone carrier, and the date and time that the message was processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive.
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services, and about your use of the Services, even if you use the Services without registering or logging in.
Device/Usage Information. When you use the Services, we and our service providers may automatically collect and store certain information about your computer or device and your activities, including: 1. Your IP address. 2. Unique mobile device identifier (e.g. IDFA or other device IDs on Apple devices like the iPhone and iPad). 3. Technical information about your computer or mobile device such as type of device, mobile device ID number, web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.), other browser information (e.g. size, connection speed, connection type), and operating system or platform (Mac, Windows, etc.). 4. Your preferences and settings (time zone, language, etc.). 5. General location information (country/city/state). 6. Internet provider (Verizon, Comcast, etc.) or mobile carrier name (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc.) 7. The URL of the last webpage you visited before visiting Reasons To Eat 8. Information about your activity on the Services (e.g., your search queries, comments, domain names, search results selected, number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, how long you visited our Services, the date and time you used the Services, error logs, and other similar information). 9. For mobile application users, the online or offline status of your application.
Precise Location Information and How to Opt Out. When you use one of our location-enabled services (for example, when you access Services from a mobile device), we may collect and process information about your mobile device’s GPS location (including the latitude, longitude or altitude of your mobile device) and the time the location information was recorded to customize the Services with location-based information and features (for example, to inform you about restaurants in your area or applicable promotions). Some of these services require your personal data for the feature to work and we may associate location data with your device ID and other information we hold about you. We keep this data for no longer than is reasonably necessary for providing our services. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disabling the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
Information from Third Parties
We may also obtain information about you from affiliates (which are entities under common ownership or control of our ultimate parent company Zomato Media Private Limted) and third parties such as partners, marketers, third-party websites, and researchers, and combine that information with information which we collect from or about you.
Anonymous or De-Identified Data
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Process and respond to your queries.
- Understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests), process and complete your transactions, and make special offers.
- Administer our Services and diagnose technical problems.
- Send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you.
- Send you questions from other users that you may be able to answer if you have registered with Reasons To Eat.
- Enable us to show you ads that are relevant to you.
- Generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our user base and Service usage patterns.
- Administer contests and sweepstakes.
- Provide you with customer support.
How We Share the Information We Collect
We will not share the personal information we collect about you with third parties for their own marketing purposes. However, we will share your information in the following ways:
- Service Providers. We may share your information with outside vendors that we use for a variety of purposes, such as to send you emails and messages on behalf of other Reasons To Eat members, push notifications to your mobile device on our behalf, provide voice recognition services to process your spoken queries and questions, help us analyze use of our Services, and process and collect payments. Some of our products, services and databases are hosted by third party hosting services providers. We also may use vendors for other projects, such as conducting surveys or organizing sweepstakes for us. We may share information about you with these vendors only to enable them to perform their services.
- Social Networks. If you interact with social media features on our Services, such as the Facebook Like button, or use your social media credentials to log-in or post content, these features may collect information about your use of the Services, as well as post information about your activities on the social media service. Your interactions with social media companies are governed by their privacy policies.
- Business Transactions. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets;
- Consent. We may share your information in any other circumstances where we have your consent.
Analytics and Tailored Advertising
To help us better understand your use of the Services, we may use third-party web analytics on our Services, such as Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the “Automatically-Collected Information” Section above. The information collected by this technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate our users’ use of the Services. We also use Google Analytics as described in the following section. To prevent Google Analytics from collecting or using your information, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
When accessing the Services from a mobile application you may also receive tailored in-application advertisements. Each operating system: iOS, Android and Windows Phone provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertisements. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or operating system or contact the applicable platform operator.
Do Not Track
We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals The Internet industry is still working on Do Not Track standards and solutions.
When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive emails from other Reasons To Eat users, businesses, and Reasons To Eat itself. You can manage your email preferences by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in commercial email messages, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative notices, service notices, or legal notices from Reasons To Eat.
Reviewing, changing or deleting information
If you would like to review, change or delete personal information we have collected from you, or permanently delete your account, please use the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of every page (also located here), or contact Reasons To Eat:
Reasons To Eat
1405 Rockridge Road #248
Waukesha, WI 53188
How we Protect Your Information
Children Under 13
The Services are not intended for users under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13 or market to or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that a person submitting personal information is under 13, we will attempt to delete the account and any related information as soon as possible.
Third Party Links and Services
Consent to Transfer of Information
California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. To make such a request, please contact us at the information provided below. As explained above, we do not sell or share your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
If you have any question about our privacy practices, you can contact us by clicking here or writing to us at:
Reasons To Eat
1405 Rockridge Road #248
Waukesha, WI 53188